About   Veterans   Personal Injury   Other Services   FAQ   Contact


Select Veterans or Personal Injury FAQ


Veterans Disability Appeals FAQs:

- Do you represent veterans from all across the country?

Yes. As an attorney admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans
Claims I am able to represent all veterans before the Court regardless of where they live.

- How much time do I have to file an appeal of a final Board decision from Department of Veterans Affairs?

Generally, you have 120 days to file an appeal of a final Board decision to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Therefore, time is of the essence. You should contact an attorney immediately upon receipt of a Board decision to evaluate the merits of an appeal.

- How much will it cost for legal representation in an appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims?

Legal representation by Attorney Just before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, if undertaken, will be AT NO COST TO YOU. Attorney Just does not charge veterans directly for costs of representation before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. If and only if Attorney Just is successful before the Court he will petition the Court for his attorney fees to be paid by the government via the Equal Access to Justice Act, 28 U.S.C. § 2412.

^^ TOP ^^

Personal Injury FAQs:

- How much will it cost for legal representation in a personal injury claim?

Attorney Just handles all personal injury cases on a contingency basis. You have no upfront costs or fees. Attorney Just will receive an agreed upon percentage of the ultimate settlement recovered, if any. In other words, we receive legal fees only if there is a recovery on your behalf.

- How much time to I have to file a personal injury claim?

You should contact an attorney as soon as possible following your accident in order to discuss your rights. Injury victims and their loved ones only have a short period of time, known as the statute of limitations, to file a claim. If you fail to meet this deadline, you may be prevented from ever recovering compensation for your injuries, damages or losses.

- Can I still recover compensation even if I am partly to blame for a car accident?

Rhode Island follows what is called the "pure comparative fault rule." You may be able to recover compensation from another driver or other negligent party, so long as their negligence contributed to the accident, even if you were also negligent. However, the amount of compensation you receive will be reduced by your percentage of fault.

- Should I sign a release or any other documents from an insurance company?

Before you sign anything, you should consult with an attorney. It is important to make sure your rights are protected. You should have an attorney review any release or settlement offer first to make sure it is fair and does not bar you from future claims related to the injuries or damages you have sustained.

- How long will my personal injury case take to resolve?

No general time frame can be set because every single case is different. The complexity of your case, how willing other parties are to cooperate and many other factors will all play a part in how long it takes to reach an outcome

- How much is my personal injury case worth?

This is the most difficult question to answer. There are many factors to consider, including liability issues, strength of the evidence, insurance limits, etc. The basic types of compensation one can pursue include:

  • Past/future medical bills
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of earning capacity

^^ TOP ^^

Michael S. Just, Esq.

(401) 400-2822

(844) 484-JUST


©  Just Law All Rights Reserved